Sunday, December 19, 2010
Originally located on Center Street near the Four Corners and operated by James Kanakis, the Central Cafe was later run by the Dascoulias family, relocating to its present home near Oak Street in 1940. While the Central Cafe has long been known for its pizza, it has also featured (and continues to do so) a variety of menu offerings. Among the most festive was certainly its 1927 Christmas day dinner which included a traditional plum pudding as advertised in the pages of the Middleboro Gazette.
Middleboro Gazette, December 23, 1927, page 6.