Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Percy Jones, c. 1926

Courtesy of the Boston Public Library, Leslie Jones Collection.
In 1925-26, Percy R. Jones established the Nemasket Elk Range off Rocky Meadow Street in Middleborough in conjunction with his father and brother.  Giving an indication of the size of the animals is the elk antler held in this photograph by Jones and his wife, Lillian M. Jones.  As seen here, Jones for publicity purposes frequently dressed in western garb including cowboy hat, heavy wool jacket and buffalo hide chaps.


Post a Comment